Now Playing Tracks

trickordeans replied to your post “Grainy/sparkly/staticky vision? Either with eyes open or closed? All…”

wait….this is a condition? I just thought it was like….something everyone had. Like, i see it all the time but i ignore it 99%. The other 1% i space out looking for shapes in the fuzz.

I thought that way too because I’ve had it since forever but turns out it’s not a normal thing at all, at least according to my optometrist cousin. Then again it can be confused with "scintillating scotoma" which is a symptom rather than a disorder and much more common.

Grainy/sparkly/staticky vision? Either with eyes open or closed? All the time? The whole line of sight?

image

image

Turns out this is called "Visual Snow" and it’s a very rare neurological condition.

To Tumblr, Love Pixel Union